Metropolitan Performing Arts is proud to announce open auditions for Les Misérables, the musical by Alain Boublil, Claude-Michel Schonberg, and Herbert Kretzmer.
All auditions and rehearsals will take place at:
Metropolitan Performing Arts Academy
6905-D NE 68th Street in Vancouver
Saturday, June 8, 2013 from 10 AM-8 PM, by appointment
Sunday, June 9, 2013 from 11 AM-3 PM, by appointment
To schedule an audition, please send an email with your name, phone number and the best time to reach you.
*All adult roles are open for casting. No auditions will be held for the roles of Young Cosette, Young Eponine, Gavroche and Gavroche’s gang. All other roles are available for actors ages 13 and older.
PRINCIPAL ROLE AUDITION: Prepare 16-32 bars from a powerhouse ballad or a song NOT from Les Miserables that really showcases your voice and vocal range. An accompanist will be provided. Please bring a theatrical resume and a recent headshot.
ENSEMBLE ONLY AUDITION: If you only wish to be considered for the Ensemble, you may choose to sing 16 measures of music of which showcases your voice. Remember, though, Ensemble members still have to act!
ALL AUDITIONERS: Be prepared to list all conflicts from June 10, 2013 to August 19, 2013. Typical rehearsals will be held Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 6:30-9:30 PM and Saturdays based on availability. Not all cast members will be called to all rehearsals. No conflicts will be allowed from August 5-18, 2013.
THURSDAY, AUGUST 15
FRIDAY, AUGUST 16
SATURDAY, AUGUST 17
SUNDAY, AUGUST 18
At the amazing Newmark Theatre at the PORTLAND CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS in Portland.
- Jean ValJean — Vocal range: A3-A5
- Javert — Vocal range: Rich Baritone:A (below middle C) to G (above middle C).
- Thenardier — Vocal range: Baritone, sings to F sharp
- Marius — Vocal range: High Baritone, Low A to high A (above middle C)
- Enjolras — Vocal range: High Baritone (to G sharp/A)
- Bishop of Digne — Vocal range: Low A to high E
- Foreman — Vocal range: E (below middle C) to D flat (above Middle C)
- Many Other Singing Male Roles — Members of the ABC Society, Montparnasse, Babet, Brujon, Claquesous, sailors, Bamatabois, Pimp, Fauchelevant, Judge, Constables, Farmers and Laborers, Chain Gang
- Fantine — Vocal range: Belt to C, sings to E flat
- Cosette — Vocal range: Soprano (to high C) but a light, young “floating” sound, without heavy vibrato
- Eponine — Vocal range: An enormous & beautiful belt voice, to C in belt (sings to E flat)
- Madame Thenardier — Belter
- Ensemble Women — Must be strong singers with strong acting skills.